[Adonthell-devel] Re: Tools time

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Tools time
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:38:05 +0200

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's a rare thing I'm motivated to do GUI stuff, so better keep going
> while motivation lasts.

Modeller now support scaling, making it easier to create fitting
shapes. There's still a bug that makes scale factors larger than 2
somewhat harder to use. Have to figure out what's going on here.

Another issue with larger scale factors is that the model will extend
past the window border. So I'll have to add scrolling for the canvas
in order to allow editing of larger (scaled) models. Fortunately, this
is a feature already used in both dlgedit and mapedit, so it should
not be hard to implement.

I also improved changing shape sizes directly, by dragging the
appropriate handles. So far, dragging stopped once the mouse left the
handle area, which made the feature cumbersome to use. Now, once
dragging started, it will only stop when the mouse button is released.

Apart from the scrolling, the one bit still missing is the creation of
irregular shapes. But with the dragging working reliably, that'll be
fairly easy too. All that's needed is a second mode, where each
individual corner can be dragged to a new position.

So a feature-complete modeller should be ready soon. Then I can move
on to mapedit and see what improvements are possible there.