Re: [Adonthell-devel] To release or not to release?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] To release or not to release?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:11:36 +0100

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> I vote for immediate release. Based on the screenshot and the work I know
> y'all have been doing, what we currently have is a substantial development
> from alpha1. We wouldn't be whistling in the dark if we were to call this
> build alpha2.

That's what I would prefer as well. I made a tarball and tried
building on OSX 10.5 using both CMake and traditional build. I got
them both to compile, but with CMake the RPATH entries for the backend
modules are wrong, so it fails to load them at runtime. With
autotools, that's no issue, but it crashes at startup :-(.

I'm not so much concerned about the CMake issue. A little note that
it's still experimental and primarily used to build win32 binaries
should do the trick :-). But I do want to look into the second issue.
Maybe I just messed up my SDL installation ...

Remains a final test on Ubuntu afterwards, then I think it's good to go.