[Adonthell-devel] To release or not to release?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] To release or not to release?
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:19:36 +0100

First of all, an updated worldtest is in CVS, which looks as can be
seen on the attached screenshot.

I haven't yet started on separating the shadow and am wondering if
that should be included in alpha 2 at all. For one, it would involve
changes to the animation class, which might conflict with the work
Tyler is doing right now. And second, even if I would finish the work
in a week or two, I'd be gone on vacation directly afterwards, having
no time to release anything until mid April.

So the question really is, should I take what we have and stick it out
there, even if it's not completely perfect? That could give us some
more exposure now, but it might just happen that I am unable to
respond to interested developers over the weeks to follow. However, I
would think that at least a couple of people are around to fill my
position :-). I would also update the open tasks and change the
roadmap to conform to the new 'masterplan'
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-general/2008-02/msg00031.html).

So what's your opinion? Is recent CVS good enough for a v0.4 alpha 2?

Kai

P.S.: For some extra motivation, see
http://ubuntu-quest.blogspot.com/2008/01/adonthell-wastes-edge.html
:-)