Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug in SDL gfx backend module (?)

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug in SDL gfx backend module (?)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:19:26 -0700

Well I missed the e-mail on the 29th.  But I finally got around to looking to it, and as you said, you fixed it.  That said, there are a couple things I noticed.  Is cmake the 'supported' way to build?  If so, I had to add libpthread and libutil to worldtest to build it.  I'm not sure the correct way to add this, so I didn't commit anything.  ./autogen / configure / make worked fine.

I tried to run gfxtest and I'm missing crono.png.  Not sure what the state of this is, so it may be known, or may be obsolete.

If there are any other tasks that you want done, I should have some time this weekend.  i'm not sure what the next few steps are/should be.

Tyler

On Dec 29, 2007 11:33 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On Dec 23, 2007 4:58 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe it's not even a bug, just stupidity on my account. From looking
> at the problem with the word wrapping in v0.3, I've seen that drawing
> operations on surfaces are usually surrounded by a pair of
> lock()/unlock() method calls. I didn't do any of that and that might
> be the whole issue.

That's the problem. The draw_line() method uses put_pix() internally,
which requires the surface to be locked.

So I'll add the locking to that method, making it safer to use. Seems
to be a better alternative than forcing everybody calling that method
to do proper locking.