Re: [Adonthell-devel] Quick'n dirty combat test

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Quick'n dirty combat test
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:53:42 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:11:27 +0100 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> How do I run it? It does not work in Phyton directly... (but I can
> still read the code and try to understand it)

You'll have to run it with a interpreter that has the adonthell module
compiled in. That can be easily built under Linux. All you need is
recent code from CVS that is configured with --enable-tools. That'll
build the pydonthell tool, which is basically Python + Adonthell.

Once Alex has the new code structure complete, it'll be even easier. The
adonthell modules will be available as dynamic libraries that can be
loaded by an unchanged python interpreter. That way it will also be
usable on Windows, once somebody builds a few .dlls.