Re: [Adonthell-devel] 0.4 and wastesedge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] 0.4 and wastesedge
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:29:38 +0100

On 07 Feb 2003 13:34:33 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Following the discussion about 0.4 plans....  Is 0.4 going to
> > support wastesedge?  We have 1/6 of wastesedge translated into
> > russian and with the average rate about 40record/day we hope to get
> > it done within month and a half.  It would be really nice to try it
> > with all these TTF fonts.
>
> Adonthell 0.4 will more likely not support Waste's Edge, since it
> would mean rewriting Waste's Edge for it (and doing all the graphics
> for 640x480). On the other hand, Adonthell 0.3 will still exist and
> will soon support TTF fonts and UTF8. So a russian translation could
> be exploited and would actually be a great thing! :)

Well ... the Redwyne Inn will be in 0.4 anyway, as would be some of the
characters. So it wouldn't be a big deal to remake Waste's Edge. I think
we even talked about that at the summer meeting.

But as Alex said, TTF will come to 0.3 too, so the translation won't be
wasted. Whether Waste's Edge will be ported to 0.4 or not will mainly
depend on the time we have. Guess it won't take a single person longer
than a week to write new schedule scripts, and that's basically all
needed, as the map will be there anyway.