Re: [Adonthell-devel] Color weirdness fixed (?)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Color weirdness fixed (?)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:41:13 +0200

On Sat, 4 May 2002 08:27:54 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> > So I changed image.cc accordingly. Can you have a look
> > whether it works now, Nils? The modified file is attached.
> Ooops silly me... i patched the wrong version :)
>
> okay, i used the file on the 0.3.3pre1 release and I wish I could say
> all is well but I get this during compile time:
[...]
> This doesn't look as if this happened because of the new image.cc
> file... or is it related? it could be, as it is talking about the SDL
> hash map, which, correct if I'm wrong, defines images and colour
> mixes, no?

Nope, It's not related to S_d_L, but rather to S_t_L, the C++ Standard
Template Library. The hash map in question is included from storage.h,
which hasn't to do anything with the changed file.

Congratulations, you found a bug in your compiler ;). But seriously, I
shouldn't think this is a persistent problem, as it worked fine before.
Maybe you should do another make clean and retry. Maybe free up some
more memory before. I remember having similar problems with an older
version of gcc occasionally, but they usually went away when I tried
another time. Don't know what is causing that.

> BTW, on the now-working version, there was one error I neglected to
> mention earlier... keyboard text input is still not recognized.
> Arrow-, space- and return- keys work though..

Could that also be an endianness related problem? But why are cursor and
return key working then? Alex?