Re: [Adonthell-devel] Abort with current debian packages (on powerpc)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Abort with current debian packages (on powerpc)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:54:00 +0200

On 01 May 2002 10:11:11 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> > This GDB was configured as "powerpc-linux"...

Don't listen to him, Josh ;). As of 0.3.2 the code is endian
independent. There might be some problems with some gfx effects, but at
least it is running. But as I recall, the debian packages are still the
0.3.1 version, aren't they?

So either Alex has to update them to 0.3.2, or you should get the 0.3.2
source from our download page

http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/download/

I guess if you got the debian source package to compile, this one will
compile just the same.

> But, wait... Aren't there success reports with Solaris, and (long
> before) MacOS? Kai?

Yeah. Both Cirrus and Brian Lund got it to compile and run under
Solaris, although Cirrus reported some weird graphic problems. So there
might be some fixes to be made yet, but it should run at least.

> Josh, would you mind to help solving this issue, as you have the
> machine?

Yes, if there are indeed unsolved problems, your help would be very
welcome :)