Re: [Adonthell-devel] Abort with current debian packages (on powerpc)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Abort with current debian packages (on powerpc)
Date: 01 May 2002 10:11:11 +0200

Hi Josh,

> This GDB was configured as "powerpc-linux"...

Ssshhh... That's it. It's a shame, but Adonthell is endianness dependant
yet and shouldn't work on machines which endianness is different from
the x86 one. Of course we want to get this fixed.

But, wait... Aren't there success reports with Solaris, and (long
before) MacOS? Kai?

Maybe you'd want to help porting to big-endian, if the problem is
confirmed. From your backtrace, it looks like it fails when trying to
allocate the memory needed to load an image. Maybe because of the
endianness issue it reads a negative value or something. I thought zlib
would take care of endienness, but maybe I'm just wrong. Fortunately,
all our files io accesses are done via an abstraction layer, so it
should be straightforward to fix.

Josh, would you mind to help solving this issue, as you have the
machine?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org