Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:15:17 +0100

On 28 Mar 2002 18:50:11 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Finally, got out of my lethargy and coded a bit!
>
> I have thought, thought and drafted a lot about the Z-offset enabled
> map engine Kai proposed a bit ago. And it seems to me, that it's
> simply the best map engine idea we ever got so far! :) It would simply
> boost the current map engine capabilities, plus suppress a few boring
> things:

Good to hear :). And it's probably the biggest step in map development
too.

> Right, I'm waiting for your new-new comments!

Well, everything you say sounds good. There's just a thing regarding the
current alextest: I fear we won't be able to go without more precise
walkability test. With the square-based movement it wasn't a big issue
if you couldn't walk right up to some object. But with the new pixel by
pixel movement, I think it's much worse when you get stuck somewhere,
where you shouldn't get stuck.

It's not the most pressing issue now, but something we'll have to
address sooner or later, I think.