Re: [Adonthell-devel] Endianness (Adonthell and Solaris)

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Endianness (Adonthell and Solaris)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:33:32 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:14:02 -0600 Jayson Baird wrote
> > Having worked with code on OS X, Solaris, and x86, the only times you run
> > into endian-ness are with pre-compiled binaries.

> a little-endian box, so you cannot just load it. OTOH, as we use zlib for
> most of the loading, that is already taken care of.

Ummm... do you mean all the data like the images and the ogg-files need
converting?? That would surprise me a lot. I know I can ftp JPEGs and
text files to the Uni Solaris machines and they work fine. I thought
endianess was only related to the binaries.

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821