Re: [Adonthell-devel] map!

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] map!
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:38:26 +0000

cirrus wrote:

> Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> >
> > > Alex, can you please finish the map. As far a I can tell the only things
> > > that have to be done are making the veranda walkable (which would
> > > involve replacing the barn' outer gfx with the newer ones I sent u once)
> >
> > Yeah, but I thought it was already clear that the veranda couldn't be
> > made walkable :/ I know it's a shame, but we'll have to find something
> > else. Maybe the player could simply say he could travel the veranda?
> >

> Huh? I thought with the inn gfx split up it would work (the only bit you
> can't do is above the main entrance but we wanted to use a teleport
> there). I'll make a fakeshot in gimp to explain. If it really doesn't
> then yeah, make the player say something.

Here's that "fakeshot" (you will laugh :)). The inn' gfx are split into
top and bottom - bottom is the same as before: the walls go behind the
character and the veranda uses a base square so it appears abaove the
character when he is under it. Now all it should take is taking the top
half and letting it appear behind the character. so when he comes out of
the barn loft he can walk along the veranda (except above the entrancd
where we use a teleport). I've greyed out these tiles so you can see
what I mean more clearly.

Since there are 2 squares between the floor of the veranda and where the
character will walk along the top AND there are no characters taller
than 1.5 squares there's no risk of any gfx mistakes like peoples head
sticking through the veranda.

As you can (hopefully) see the leftmost part of the barn is split in a
similar way so that when the character goes out of the loft he initially
appears in that crack in the roof - walking back onto this tile will of
course then put him back inside the loft.

As far as I understand the map system this should all be possible.

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821

JPEG image