[Adonthell-devel] Random stuff

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Random stuff
Date: 28 Dec 2001 16:30:47 +0100

Sorry for the subject, but I couldn't find better! :)

First, on the little bubble-events that have been added: they are
excellent. Short and funny, and sometimes informative (books about
singing in Talan's room). I've changed the chest's ones a bit, so the
player also reads a name that is supposed to be written on the chest.
That way, you can associate Talan with the books about singing, and
rooms with others characters (not all though), as James wished.

I've continued browsing the new website. Have I mentionned it is great
already? :) In the links section, I've found the link to Dream Tides
(newly added, I suppose). Well, the guy(s) seems to be serious and
competent, but have hardly started their game. They mention us several
times (maybe you had contact with them Kai?), and it looks like they are
doing something very similar to us (2D graphics, Ogg music, scripting
system, etc...), and since the only thing they didn't like in Adonthell
(the tile based map system, boooooh!) is being wiped out, I think we
should have a chat with them and discuss about merging. They're
using/developping ClanRPG, and although I'm not fan of Clanlib, it looks
like they have some experience in the matter. What do you think about
this? We dramatically need more programmers anyway, and good ones if
possible (I fear the flood of kids once we release :/).

In their site, I've also found this nice link:
http://www.littlemusicclub.com/
Lots of sound effects which seems to be free of use. Might be usefull
some day.

Voila, finished the random mail, now back to random programming! :)
Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org