Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Artwork style

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Artwork style
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:20:11 -0800

On 2/24/07, Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> wrote:

Was there ever an attempt to produce a mock-up of how the next
Adonthell version should look like? What HUD elements should be shown,
what size buildings, creatures should be and such?

Not really. There were some mock-ups to show off specific graphics,
but nothing that was meant as a guideline. Perhaps I can put something
together over the weekend if that helps ...

Might be easier to judge what style/size the characters should have
when seen in the context of a mock-up screenshot.

It would certainly help.

Some test renderings with a 3D character, for real in-game characters
one should probably use a more stylized 3d model:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/adonthell-anim-test1.avi
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/adonthell-anim-test2.avi
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/adonthell-anim-test3.avi

Nice animations. Would be really great if we could have a mix of nice,
smooth animation with detailed hand-drawn graphics :-).

Kai