ada-mode-users

Re: Syntax failure with pragma

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: Syntax failure with pragma
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 16:26:02 +0100

On 30 Jul 2021, at 20:02, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:

Simon Wright <simon.j.wright@mac.com> writes:

Ada-mode doesn't accept this code

with Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events;
package Pragma_In_PO is

  protected type Flasher_Handler is
     pragma Interrupt_Priority;
     procedure Turn_Off_The_LED
       (Event : in out Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events.Timing_Event);
  end Flasher_Handler;

end Pragma_In_PO;

C-c C-f says

wisi syntax errors
pragma_in_po.ads:2:8: match name error

Works in my bleeding-edge devel version, which uses a very much changed
Ada grammar file (I started over from LRM Annex P, so I could ensure I
got all the Ada 202x stuff). Which is many months away from release, at the
rate I'm going.

Works in 7.1.7, thanks.

It should be possible to patch ada.wy to fix this. It would be very good
for the emacs ada-mode community if someone other than me could do
things like that.

Will get back to you on this off-list

--S