ada-mode-users

Re: ada-mode 7.0.1 and .gpr files

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: ada-mode 7.0.1 and .gpr files
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 15:17:54 +0100

Le 2020-02-12 22:45, Stephen Leake a écrit :
 (ada-parse-prj-file prj-file)
 (ada-select-prj-file prj-file)

both functions declared in ada-mode.el.  Now, in version 7,
these functions are no longer there.

Not quite; they are defined and marked obsolete. They both call
ada-select-prj-file-1 (which only needs to be called once, but is fast
the second time).

Did you get an "obsolete" message, or some other error?

After installing ada-mode 7 and visiting an Ada file,
C-h f ada-parse-prj-file does say that the function is obsolete but
I get no such message when executing the function.  Also, C-h f
says this function is defined in
.../share/emacs/26.1/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref.el
and when I visit this file, it says it is part of GNU Emacs.

So, it appears I have interference between the old ada-mode 4.00
shipped with Emacs and ada-mode 7.0.1.  How can I avoid this?
How do you avoid this?  Is there a plan to delete ada-mode 4.00
from GNU emacs altogether?

Also, with ada-mode 7.0.1, I get no syntax highlighting except
for comments.  Do you think this might be related to the presence
of ada-mode 4.00 somewhere on the lisp-path?  (I do have an external
parser process running and I do have hidden buffers named
" *Ada_wisi_parse*" and "  *code-conversion-work*").

--
Ludovic Brenta.