yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] Re: Re: About supersampling

From: Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
Subject: [Yafray-devel] Re: Re: About supersampling
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:36:11 +0100

address@hidden (2002-12-31 at 1625.46 +0100):
> Right, that's it. The multipass system is for better threads handling and
> that parallel stuff.

Then I wonder: does it not spread the computations? I mean that if by
jumping all around, it hits the cache badly. In some other renderers
the approach is to try to avoid going out of the cache, even doing
parallel operations. IE, if you know that only five objects are under
an area, you finish the area, so you do not have to test any other
objects (cos you know you are wasting time with them). Or to make sure
the code for textures is flushed from cache after being used a lot,
not cos you have passed over all the image again.

GSR