yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] About supersampling

From: Alejandro Conty Estevez
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] About supersampling
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:51:15 +0100

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 04:34:24PM +0100, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
wrote:
> Hi:
>
> After testing the lastest version, I wonder if sampling will be always
> done via fixed number of samples, or there are plans for other
> methods.

Even if you say 256 yafray will not sample 256 for every pixel. Only in
those needed pixels (edges or noise). The value you give is a limit. You
define threshold with tolerance value. So you can control what is going
to be sampled. The lower tolerance is, the more pixels will be sampled.