Re: [Xlog-discussion] Export to adif and cabrillo -- not all QSOs in adi

From: Chris Story
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Export to adif and cabrillo -- not all QSOs in adif file
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:30:28 -0600

Can you confirm the exact version you are using?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2010, at 13:04, "Peter N. Spotts" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 19:38 +0100, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
"Peter" == Peter N Spotts <address@hidden> writes:

   Peter> Hi Folks, In working with eQSL, I decided to upload my
   Peter> log. I exported to adif.  When I uploaded the file, eQSL
   Peter> recorded only 252 QSOs, when xlog holds just over 1,000. I
   Peter> looked at the raw *.adi file in a text editor, and yep, the
   Peter> export cut off at a partial date in 2009. I looked at the
   Peter> log entry itself, and it was fine. When I exported my log
   Peter> in the cabrillo format and view it in a text editor, all of
   Peter> my xlog entries showed up.  And a scan of the *.xlog file
   Peter> in a text editor showed nothing unusual -- at least to the
   Peter> untrained eye -- in the entry on which the adif export
   Peter> chokes.

   Peter> Glitch? Adif only likes a set number of entries at a time?
   Peter> Or am I missing something that should be painfully obvious?

look if you have an extra newline character, or some other weird
characters, possibly in the remarks field, for a qso. although, if
that's the case, I've seen xlog cut the log file completely, even in
its own format.

Many thanks, but nothing stood out. I even tried deleting the entry that
preceded the >co mark at the end of the adi file, as well as the entry
that comes after the apparent end of file. Exporting to ADI still
truncates the export file.

With best regards,

Pete

--