[Xlog-discussion] Keyer and Orion

From: John B. Egger
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Keyer and Orion
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:40:22 -0400

Does anyone on the list use the Xlog keyer with the Orion? If so, I could use some advice!

Although the Orion manual refers to the Aux/IO jack as "accepting CW from an external keyer or computer generated CW (like the CW keying output from popular contest logging software)" using the computer sound card, it looks as if Xlog's keyer works through the parallel or serial ports, not the sound card.

The Orion Programmer's Manual shows how its serial port is wired, and cwdaemon provides a schematic for the computer's serial port (see below), but I'm stuck here. The Orion's serial port shows this: 1, N.C.; 2, Serial Data Out; 3, Serial Data In; 4, N.C.; 5, GND; 6, N.C.; 7, RTS (in); 8, CTS (out); 9, N.C.

Which of these corresponds to "CW out to TRX" and to "PTT out toTRX" on the cwdaemon schematic? And will wiring the serial connection using this circuit prevent hamlib from reading transceiver data?

--
--John K3GHH
Registered Linux User #291592

JPEG image