Re: [Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:14:27 -0600

* Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden> [2007 Jan 23 03:34 -0600]:

> The attached patch fixes the date field when doing cabrillo import.

Okay, I've been using your official package as I'm running Debian Sid.
Is Sid "frozen" until Etch's release?

> One more question:
> Do the other fields look okay? I noticed cabrillo import uses different
> field widths depending on the type of contest (see 'CONTEST:' field in
> the cabrillo file).
> 'CONTEST: NA' and 'CONTEST: ARRL-SS' are recognized by xlog, what does
> your log say?

Everything looked fine except that the zone portion of the exchange
was imported along with the RS and the spacing was retained.  Perhaps,
if the fields can be determined, it would be nice to allow the user to
decide if non RS parts of the exchange are imported or not.  On the
other hand,  contests that don't include RS could pose a problem.
Perhaps the exchange could be put at the end of the Remarks section?

> I noticed fields get garbled when doing a cabrillo import from tlf when
> 'CONTEST:' is other then 'NA' or 'ARRL-SS', but I don't know if tlf
> follows the right cabrillo format....

Here is a log extract from the one I imported:

START-OF-LOG: 2.0
ARRL-SECTION: Kansas
CALLSIGN: N0NB
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
CATEGORY-OVERLAY:
CLAIMED-SCORE: 24252
CLUB:
CONTEST: CQ-WW-SSB
CREATED-BY: tlf-0.8.4
NAME: Nate Bargmann
ADDRESS: P.O. Box 22
ADDRESS: Bremen, KS 66412
ADDRESS:
OPERATORS: N0NB
QSO: 21000 PH 2002-10-26 0020 N0NB          59  04     VE5RI         59  04     0
QSO: 21000 PH 2002-10-26 0034 N0NB          59  04     KP2A          59  08     0
QSO: 21000 PH 2002-10-26 0038 N0NB          59  04     W7ZR          59  03     0
QSO: 21000 PH 2002-10-26 0044 N0NB          59  04     JA3YBK        59  25     0
QSO: 21000 PH 2002-10-26 0045 N0NB          59  04     VP5B          59  08     0
END-OF-LOG:

This is from a very old version of TLF which probably won't be
encountered any more.

Imported raw TLF logs have the unfortunate side effect of the RS and
exchange being run together, which probably isn't good for eQSL log
uploads.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of