Re: [Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Date format error with Cabrillo import?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:32:20 +0100

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:38:47 -0600
Nate Bargmann <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> Is this a bug or does the import function not touch the date format as
> it seems to do when importing from TLF format?

You are right ;-)
xlog didn't touch the date...

> I prefer using the Cabrillo format when available as I seem to get a
> cleaner log (with RST + zone, etc.), plus it may be the only way to
> import some old CT logs these days.  Having to fix the date on a
> moderately large log doesn't sound like much fun!  ;-)

The attached patch fixes the date field when doing cabrillo import.

One more question:
Do the other fields look okay? I noticed cabrillo import uses different
field widths depending on the type of contest (see 'CONTEST:' field in
the cabrillo file).
'CONTEST: NA' and 'CONTEST: ARRL-SS' are recognized by xlog, what does
your log say?

I noticed fields get garbled when doing a cabrillo import from tlf when
'CONTEST:' is other then 'NA' or 'ARRL-SS', but I don't know if tlf
follows the right cabrillo format....

> 73, de Nate >>
>
> --
>  Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          |  Successfully Microsoft
>   Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
>              http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
>              My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"
>         http://www.networksplus.net/n0nb/       |   http://www.debian.org