Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Karl Larsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:33:59 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Alexandru Csete wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>

> >     A real Expert Tomi Mannion and a novice Karl Larsen have been
> > trying to get xlog to load on the subject linux. I am to this point
> > today:
> >

> >     This real odd because I HAVE libexpat.so.1 which is a sim link
> > to an earlier version. But the rpm can't seem to find it.
> >

> You can try to install with the --nodeps option and cross your fingers.

        Did that and it loaded just fine and appears to be running and
working. I have some trash to delete from yesterdays attempts with some
odd tarball I got from a website.

        I will un-rpm and see if that works and then remove my sim link
and see if it's important.

        There are a lot of guys who will be happy about this when I
understand what I did.

> >     I got several versions in tarball form and none of them run on
> > this linux. I have a friend with the newer Fedora core 1 and 2 and Xlog
> > will not run on those either.
> >

> Do you mean run or compile?

        I mean compile. In fact they never got clear through the
./configure step.