Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Tomi Manninen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:33:03 +0300

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 14:25, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> So, try the rpm at your own risk. If it don't work, try building from source.
> Alternatively, people could make rpm's available build of their versions
> of redhat, mandrake or whatever.

The real problem was that you have a requirement
"libgnomeprint-2.2 >= 2.4.0" in configure.in while RedHat 9 only
has 2.2.1.1... I tried editing the requirement and was able to
compile Xlog 0.9.6 fine, no warnings or anything. (And Karl:
I have an RPM here that installs without any tricks if you want)

It does seem to work also except that in the printouts, some of the
columns are a bit too narrow and even overlap at times. Is this a
problem with font sizes or could it be because of the version conflict?

--
Tomi Manninen / OH2BNS / KP20ME04