Re: [XForms] Another question on fonts...

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Another question on fonts...
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:50:49 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:25:59PM -0700, Marisa Giancarla wrote:
> Ok, that did it! Thanks! Now if someone could tell me how to make
> the main window resizable i would be all set :)

By using FL_PLACE_CENTER or FL_PLACE_SIZE as the second argument
to your calls of fl_show_form() you actually forbid resizing of
the form, see

http://xforms-toolkit.org/doc/xforms_6.html#index-fl_005fshow_005fform_0028_0029

E.g. for the main form use 'FL_PLACE_CENTER|FL_FREE_SIZE' instead
of just 'FL_PLACE_CENTER' and it will be resizable. For the other
ones, where you've used 'FL_PLACE_SIZE' you should pick a different
flag for the second argument that allows resizing of the window.

Unfortunately, you propably will be a bit disappointed with the
result. That's because you have set the resize property of most
of your objects to FL_RESIZE_NONE, so they all stay the same size
whatever the size of the window is. And for the background box you
have set it to FL_RESIZE_Y, so it only grows in y-direction with
the window, but not in x-direction. The result is that things look
rather weird after a resize of the window. Removing all these calls
to fl_set_object_resize() may result in something more like what
you expect to happen on resizing a window.

                             Best regards, Jens