[XForms] 1.3.14 development release

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] 1.3.14 development release
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:06:56 +0200

Hi,

   there's a new development release

http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xforms/development/1.3/xforms-1.3.14.tar.gz

It's with TTF/OTF support (but that can still be switched off
using '--disable-xft' when runng 'configure' and UTF-8. A
number of bugs were fixed. code cleaned up a bit and an
attempt was made to speed up redraws and avoid unnecessary
redraws.

Rob Carpenter noticed a problem with the previous version:
labels drawn outside the objects started to become "boldish"
over time. This is an effect of anti-aliasing when the label
is redrawn over the old label. Thus I had to make sure  that
also the background is redrawn when redrawing a label. Since
the only background the library knows about is the background
of the form this is used for this purpose. Should you have
any "outside" labels that overlap another object you may
notice some new artefact, i.e. the label not being trans-
parent anymore. There's no good way around this I can think
of and my only recommendation is to avoid "ouside" labels
that are drawn on to of other objects.

                     Happy testing, Jens