Re: [XForms] Edit keys for input objects

From: Ruud Warmoeskerken
Subject: Re: [XForms] Edit keys for input objects
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:24:34 +0200

Hello, there everybody

I wrote a few programs in the past which are used for preparing data coming
from textfiles to data that can be inserted into an Oracle database. The
Xforms-package is only used to have a nice interface. The user can specify some
options he wants to used, before a real batch program is used to do the real
work.
They are using this for about 6 or 7 years. Because it is running in an IBM AIX
environment from a long time ago, I had to use the binaries for the
Xform-package that were available then. I think it is even pre version 1.0.
Up until now no one had any complaints about the way the backspace/delete-key
works.
In fact one uses only the backspace-key to edit the data you just typed in.
I think you should leave it this way, or you should have some kind of software
switch to change the behavior of these keys.
I'm a regular Mac user, and in that system you don't have a real delete key. I
never missed it.

Hopefully this gives you a little idea.

Kind Regards

 Ruud Warmoeskerken