Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.7.3: Full board textures + maximize window

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard 4.7.3: Full board textures + maximize window
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:02:40 +0200

Sebastian Pipping schreef op 9/17/2014 1:53 AM:
Hello again,

I just shared four links in my reply to Joshua's mail.

OK, I have seen them. And indeed, when you start from a scaled-up image, which thus has thick grid lines, you could not use to cut out squares for small board sizes. I pointed that out several times before already, so this is not really unexpected. The problem seems to be that you want one and the same texture bitmap to work over a very wide range of board sizes. Well, that could work, but only if the width of the grid lines is 1 pixel. Which would make them look a bit thin at monster board sizes.
Okay, cool.
I just pushed a patch to hgm.nubati.net to do integer scaling up on demand of the PNG. Perhaps you can test it with the original XQ board bitmap. (I cannot, as my monitor resolution does not allow me to make the window larger than the bitmap.) Currently it still uses a fixed size limit to decide if it should treat it as a full-board bitmap or a single square.

H.G.

The board image I used (other_1800x2000.png) is linked in the reply to
Joshua's mail, too.

Best,

Sebastian