Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 02:37:39 +0100

Den 19-12-2011 00:35, Tim Mann wrote:
Hi, Byrial. Welcome to the team.

You have hit on some of the reasons I got tired of working on
xboard/WinBoard years ago.  :-)

I did always try to fix warnings back when I was the main person working
on it, and more recently have fixed a few more from time to time when I
make some little contribution. Are you enabling more than -Wall, or is
it just that more warnings have crept in since the last time I looked?

   --Tim

Hi Tim

I have around 209 warnings with -Wall. Most of them are suggestions for parentheses in expressions.

With -Wall -Wextra I have 872 warnings. Most of the extras are warnings about unused parameters in functions, typically callback functions.

But there are also others around of various other types, which I will probably look into and remove.

-Byrial

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Byrial Jensen <address@hidden