Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:45:56 -0800

Hi

> [...]I would like to improve on these things. However if I make
> non-functional changes to e.g. the master branch, it will make the
> difference between the branches bigger, and it will be harder to move
> code between branches. So I would like to hear your opinions on this.

I think it would be great if you want to work on the items you mentioned!

Also since v4.6.x and master are pretty much the same (apart from the
version number in configure.ac and in the pot-file), it should be easy
to advance those two together. The gtk branch should also be relatively
easy to move along with changes in master, since most changes there only
apply to frontend code. We normally merge master into those two branches
every now and then to keep them in sync... and there were no major
problems in keeping them in sync.

cheers
        ARUN