Re: [XBoard-devel] Internationalization proposition

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Internationalization proposition
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:59:56 -0800

Guys, let's try to be polite even when we're arguing.

Alper, I appreciate you trying hard to use gettext for as much as
possible because I said earlier that gettext is we're using.  However, I
said that very early on, and I'm quite willing to go with whatever
approach you and any others who work on the actual coding come to agree
is most practical.

Daniel, your suggestion of using macros in the shared code that would
expand to Windows internationalization stuff when compiled for WinBoard
and gettext stuff when compiled for xboard seems like it could be
workable.  It's something to look at if the other approaches that Alper
is trying don't work out well.

Thanks,
--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/