windstille-devel

[Windstille-devel] collision detection questions

From: David Kamphausen
Subject: [Windstille-devel] collision detection questions
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:20:23 +0200

1) First of all - should I start with it though I didn't finish this slope
thing, yet?
2) GameObject will be derived from CollisionObject (and RefCounter) ? But each
GameObject's child has to define the its shape and its behaviour itself.
3) Where should I put the CollisionEngine ? I think it would be best to
instantiate it in Sector.
4) MatzeB suggested, that collision with the tilemap should be done
seperately. As it makes good sense for rectangular tiles, it maybe somewhat
easier, if we integrate slope-tiles within the CollisionEngine, because this
way the hard programming on these would be saved. If I integrate some small
quadtree in it, it will easily handle all the used tiles in acceptable time.

Some general question:
1) Prince of Persia, Flashback and so on have some discrete kind of movement.
So every time you hit the walk key, you end up on the same spot, regardless
the time you pressed it.
Otherwise we'll have to automatically "arrange" the player to the tiles, so
that he can climb up or down.