windstille-devel

[Windstille-devel] Collision-test

From: David Kamphausen
Subject: [Windstille-devel] Collision-test
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:25:26 +0200

Hi,
as I don't know if this mailing list is official, I send this mail to MatzeB,
too. I've got this collision-detection ready so far, that IMO in can go into
svn. What's working is:
1) MatzeB's interface is integrated and was extended by:
  a) some function to prepare collision (look into collision_object.hxx for
     more info on this)
  b) some function for building up a collision-object out of primitives (boxes
     and axis-aligned-triangles)
  c) two functions names unstuck() and unstuck_movable(), which say, if an
     object should be unstuck automatically (unstuck), and if it can be moved
     (unstuck_movable).
2) collision-detection for box-shaped objects works.

What's still not working is:
1) Triangle-collision and
2) unstuck with objects containing more than one primitive.

As I think that the interface won't change and you told me, that you really
needed this, I think it's time to include it.
Because I'm going on a trip to Rome on Monday, I won't be available next week.
So maybe it's better if someone else does this inclusion. But I would happily
work on this above mentioned problems after my holiday.

Nearly forgot it - the URL is:
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/david.kamphausen/collisiontest_050701.tgz

Greets, Godrin