web-translators-pl

[gnu-pl] RMS potwierdza klopot z ""Studies Find Reward Often No Motivato

From: Wojciech Kotwica
Subject: [gnu-pl] RMS potwierdza klopot z ""Studies Find Reward Often No Motivator"
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:15:00 +0100

Od address@hidden nie doczekałem się ani słowa, więc zapytałem
Richarda. Odpowiedź jest niestety zgodna z moimi podejrzeniami -
pozwolenie dla FSF dotyczyło tylko oryginału. Oto kopia listu
ze znalezionym przez Masayuki rozwiązaniem problemu.
Piotrze, czy mógłbyś poprowadzić dalej sprawę i poprosić o zgodę?

--
HQ
A, jak myślę, ze panowie

>     We've almost finished translation of the article "Studies Find
>     Reward Often No Motivator" by Alfie Kohn
>        http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motivation.html
>     into Polish, to put it on the GNU webserver. But the page contains:
>        Special to the Boston Globe
>        [reprinted with permission of the author from the Monday,
>       19 January 1987, Boston Globe]
>     Does it require any permission from the author to publish
>     the translation?

> I suppose it does.

Me too.  As far as I know, a translation is usually regarded as a kind
of modified work, thus we need the author's explicit permission for
publishing it.

>                    If so, could you please obtain it for us?

> It won't be easy.  I don't know where to find him.
> I can ask someone to look for how to contact him.

Alfie Kohn has his own website: http://www.alfiekohn.org/

It's worth asking him to give you the permission to release your
translation of his article.

BTW I found Chinese or Italian people has already put their
translations on the GNU web.  However, I guess they didn't get the
permission, either.  I'll remove the links from the original for the
time being and ask them whether they obtained the permission or not.

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta