vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater 0.3.0beta +Domains

From: Ian Fung
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater 0.3.0beta +Domains
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 11:09:00 -0400

yay! thx chris. i'm sure you've put a lot of work into it and its going to
serve as a great starting point for us all. i looked at all the 0.2.5a stuff
and i think i understand the big picture. there are some stuff i'm confused
on. what is Pheonix? i assume its some type of portal or message buffer but
i'm not sure. but its not important, i'm sure 0.3 will answer all my
questions =).

as for testing. i do not have a static IP for testing. i have ones behind
firewalls at school, but i can't really use those. not that i can't use em
for DotGNU stuff, but its just that they're behind the school firewall. my
home connection is a cable modem. while the ip doesn¹t change *that* often,
it will. is it possible for us to create some sort of VPN for VRS people? i
think it will be a good idea due to the nature of VRS whether we do the
testing framework or not. all i know about VPNs is the traditional setup
where you have two networks that want to be in a VPN and their gateways
translate the packets. since i have a prepackaged router, i can't do that.
if someone is actually using a real comp for a gateway, they can install
IPSec software and other users can "log" into that gateway. i dunno how
being behind a NAT will affect that. do you know anything about this?

IP negotiation? what do you mean. what is the domain handshake currently
like?
> Hmm.  Do you guy's have static IP's?
> I can get around this, it'll take a few days thats all - will need to add
> IP negotiation to the domain hanshake thats all......

i'll try to be there at 2000UTC, shouldn¹t be a problem. talk to you later.

-alias