Re: [vile] vile Digest, Vol 68, Issue 9

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile Digest, Vol 68, Issue 9
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:38:39 -0500

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:39:09AM -0800, ric smith wrote:
> I would like to try what you have.  I am assuming that you have was compiled
> and works for x86_64 on Lion.

It's worth a try.  I compiled vile and xvile (separately) and made tarballs
of those, in
        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/

They're installed under /usr/local (and the tarfile reflects this);
the untar has to be performed from "/", e.g.,

        cd /
        tar xzf leopard-vile-9.8f.tar.gz
        tar xzf leopard-xvile-9.8f.tar.gz

The xvile one puts resource files outside of /usr/local, since that's
the normal place to look for them.  Otherwise, vile controls where it
finds things, and it's configured to find the default startup
and library path in /usr/local/share/vile, /usr/local/lib/vile