Re: [vile] vile Digest, Vol 68, Issue 9

From: ric smith
Subject: Re: [vile] vile Digest, Vol 68, Issue 9
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:39:09 -0800

I would like to try what you have. I am assuming that you have was compiled and
works for x86_64 on Lion.
ric

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:38:45 -0500
From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
To: ric smith <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [vile] vile Digest, Vol 68, Issue 8

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 01:06:19PM -0800, ric smith wrote:
> I tried to compile under Snow Leopard, but it failed, complaining about
> x86_64 missing symbols.  Actually, it was the same problem when trying to
> compile under Lion.  The versions I was using up until Lion was compiled on a
> powerPC machine, which worked on an Intel machine up to Lion, when powerPC
> apps stop being supported.

I have x86_64 hardware here - seems there are three choices.  If you happen
to have the same, I can make a tar file of what I have, to try as a short
term solution.  Longer term, packages are the way to go, since they're
simpler to keep track of.