viewmail-info

Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:41:59 +0100

Lewis Perin writes:

> When I submit my password for the (default) inbox, the connection fails
> immediately with
>
>   vm-imap-protocol-error: IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

Unless you have a working configuration of stunnel, I would suspect it
first.  If you search vm.info archives on Google Groups you will find
earlier discussions of stunnel.  Perhaps you can get stunnel to work with
some other IMAP server like gmail first to make sure that it works.

Upgrading to VM 8.2.0b might also help, because various improvements have
been made since the old release.

Cheers,
Uday