viewmail-info

[VM] stunnel, folders, comment

From: Dave Webb
Subject: [VM] stunnel, folders, comment
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 13:47:00 -0500

i'm running windows7, so i installed stunnel 4.36 which includes an exe file located in c:/program files (x86)/stunnel/stunnel.exe

do i specify in the .vm file c:/program files (x86)/stunnel     or
c:/program files (x86)/stunnel/stunnel     or
c:/program files (x86)/stunnel/stunnel.exe      (i guess my question becomes, is vm supposed to start stunnel)

downloaded and trying ver 8.1.2, since running make/make install w/ cygwin puts some files (or tries to) in wierd places (like system/system32) I just unpacked in ~/vm, byte compiled the info files and manually moved them, placed exec files in system.  have a basic .vm file (which keeps getting larger as everytime I try and run vm, it says to set another variable) which defines vm-folder-directory, primary-inbox, mail archive, mail crashbox, stunnel, vm spool file (set to imap-ssl, etc, etc,) , imap folder and again for smtpmail.   Running M-x vm, it opens in a separate window with (*scratch* since that's where I opned it with the minibuffer reading "No VM folder buffer associated with this buffer". i thought i had defined every option for mailboxes, folders, etc.

comment:  I am by no means very competent programmer though i have done stuff in python, perl and now some very small lisp YET I CAN'T GET THIS THING TO WORK. Uday made the comment "22 people is that all the users we have?" without some better way to get this going easily I don't wonder. I have thunderbird and mailbox express running and yeah I know all about windoze is crap and all, but they installed with MINIMUM fuss and working out of the box. sorry about the rant, but now a week into this and frustration is running high.