viewmail-info

Re: [VM] smtp issues: progress indicator and gracious failure

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: [VM] smtp issues: progress indicator and gracious failure
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 05:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, May 20, 2011 3:08:30 PM UTC+3, Uday Reddy wrote:

>    http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/
>
> Cheers,
> Uday

hi Uday, I think I managed to set this up, although didn't switch yet.  one
advantage may be that msmtp can get the needed smtp password from a system
keyring/ keychain (on mac os x).  see

http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/doc/msmtp.html
 "Currently supported keyrings are the Gnome Keyring and the Mac OS X Keychain.
The script msmtp-gnome-tool.py can be used to manage Gnome Keyring passwords
for msmtp. To manage Mac OS X Keychain passwords, use the Keychain Access GUI
application. The ‘account name’ is same as the msmtp ‘user’ argument. The
‘keychain item name’ is smtp://<hostname> where <hostname> matches the msmtp
‘host’ argument."

I wonder if this can also be used for incoming imap passwords in vm somehow...