txr-users

Re: [Txr-users] Error building 025

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Txr-users] Error building 025
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:58:10 -0800

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Kaz Kylheku <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Kevin Quick <address@hidden> wrote:
>> #include "wchar.h"

I suspect I know what may be wrong. The parser.y source file includes
"uitf8.h" which makes a reference to the typedef name wint_t. This
typedef name is defined in <wchar.h> or <wctype.h>, neither of which
is included by parser.y.

(parser.y also fails to include <stddef.h> and <stdlib.h> which would
provide wchar_t. However, the generated Bison parser has an #include
<stdlib.h> added by Bison, and so the parser gets wchar_t anyway).

According to ISO/IEC 9899:1999, only these headers provide wint_t:

  <wchar.h>
  <wctype.h>

If you don't include these, but get wint_t anyway, there is some
misbehaving header providing it.