txr-users

Re: [Txr-users] Error building 025

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Txr-users] Error building 025
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:28:23 -0800

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Kevin Quick <address@hidden> wrote:
> Kaz,
>
> Had to add the following include to the beginning of lib.h to get 025
> to compile for me (Linux, glib 2.22.2).  This may not be the best
> solution, but it did build for me.

That's fine; there is (nearly/within reason) no such thing as a wrong
workaround.

> #include "wchar.h"

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the report.

Which C source file(s) didn't compile due to not having wchar.h (or
all of them)? Since txr is small, I decided to follow the style of ``C
source file includes all needed headers in the right order''.

Txr does not use the library called glib; don't mix up glibc and the
unfortunately-named glib.

The most useful info related to build problems on Linux is the version
of glibc, and the version of your compiler.

You can always send to the mailing list, or to a bug report, these:

- the output of running /lib/libc.so.6 (or under /lib64).  Yes, the
GNU C library can be run as an executable; when used this way, it
dumps useful information about itself.

- the output of your ``gcc --version''

- cut and paste of the broken build session.

- contents of the config.make and config.h, if any, after running ./configure.

Also, if the program is failing to build during make, it's useful to
run ``make -k'' and capture /that/ output rather than the output of
just plain ``make''. The -k option causes make to keep building as far
as possible, so as many errors are caught as possible in one pass.

Thanks, again.