tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] TSP 0.8.3, when ? possibly soon?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] TSP 0.8.3, when ? possibly soon?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:59:10 +0200

2007/4/18, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 01:44:24PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:

> Please tell us if any other "blocking bugs" deserves 0.8.3 inclusion
> or we will proceed :))
The arm work is still in progress, but I think it can wait post-0.8.3.
I would like to ship a 0.8.3 without forbbiding the in-source build,
but I'm not sure that I'll be able to work on it anytime soon.

I may take over on this if you like?
Do you have a patch for me or should I go one what is found in current CVS?

So OK for a 0.8.3 as soon as the win32 issue is solved.

I did investigate TSP build trouble with Jean-François and
the trouble does not really comes from TSP itself but there is
compatibility issues between Visual C++ 6 and Visual Studio 2003 we did
use for the TSP win32 port.

I decided to stop investigating Visual 6 TSP compiling issues.

Nevertheless with TSP 0.8.2 installed (using the binary installer)
we managed to build a
standalone Stub Server without building TSP as a whole.

My point concerning TSP on Win32 is that we should not try to
compile it with "relatively old" IDE version (like Visual 6)
as long as building TSP library based applications may be built
with the win32 binary installer (compiled with newer IDE version).

I noted some useful modifications
I may put them in or wait until you to push your own win32 modifications
as you like.

--
Erk