Re: "Tramp failed to connect" to an ssh server (gpg as an ssh agent)

From: Daniel Krajnik
Subject: Re: "Tramp failed to connect" to an ssh server (gpg as an ssh agent)
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 12:28:16 +0100

> check where Tramp is started from, by 'M-x locate-library RET tramp'.

Thank you, this confirmed that the tramp version is shipped by the emacs system pacakge (/usr/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/net/tramp.elc) and not the doom framework (~/.config/emacs) like I originally thought (I might have looked at the "other versions" field in the "doom/help-packages" buffer by mistake).

> sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed for ED25519 "cardno:000F73AE79E9" from agent: agent refused operation

I've switched temporarily back to pinentry (non-gtk) version and run tramp in emacs -Q. Log at level 10 and backtrace attached. It yielded the same error (quoted above) as on the terminal. GTK3 version pinentry still works fine though (both on emacs -Q and doom).