Re: "Tramp failed to connect" to an ssh server (gpg as an ssh agent)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: "Tramp failed to connect" to an ssh server (gpg as an ssh agent)
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 20:24:14 +0200

Daniel Krajnik <krajnik.dan@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Daniel,

> Then I've tried connecting with all the emacs plugins loaded (Doom
> Emacs framework, helm), but sadly something is still giving a
> "tramp-error - wrong-type-argument "listp i". Do you know if there are
> other options to isolate emacs before loading all the plugins or any
> other ways to diagnose this problem? Just in case I've attached the
> tramp debug output again from this doom emacs session.

Yes, according to the backtrace it is helm where Tramp errs out. Well,
you use "Emacs: 29.1 Tramp: 2.6.0.29.1". There has been major rework in
file name completion, so it might be interesting to know, whether the
recent Tramp 2.6.1.2 from GNU ELPA behaves better. Caution: There is an
error in Emacs 29.1 which would prevent to install Tramp; read the
instructions at <https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/tramp.html>.

>> What is the shell output, if you call ssh -o ControlMaster=auto -o
>> ControlPath=tramp.%C -o ControlPersist=no -e none 128.40.123.56
>
> There is no output, ssh logs in correctly (after prompting PIN) with a
> regular prompt, letting you issue any command and logout normally
> (ctrl+d).

It is the "prompting PIN" text I'm interested in.