Re: "Process died" error

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: "Process died" error
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 20:47:23 +0200

> For the record, this is a problem with recent opensolaris builds only
> it seems. It seems that these recent builds link /bin/sh (used in all
> tramp-methods sections as tramp-remote-sh) to ksh93 which core dumps
> when you try to use the usual
>
> VAR=blah; export VAR
>
> env settings, which tramp does towards the end of session setup. I had
> to redefine tramp-methods for ssh to use /bin/bash.

I'll check it when I'll back from my vacations (just sitting in an Internet
Cafe in Italy). In the meantime: could you find a check how to determine
existence of ksh93? Then I could force Tramp to use bash instead.

> PK

Thanks for reporting, and best regards, Michael.

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*