Re: "Process died" error

From: Philip Kime
Subject: Re: "Process died" error
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:12 +0200

On 9 May 2009, at 6:04 PM, Philip Kime wrote:

I have a strange TRAMP issue (2.1.15). Connecting to a new opensolaris host - I always get "Process died" (and it really does die - core dumps). Trace is below.

For the record, this is a problem with recent opensolaris builds only it seems. It seems that these recent builds link /bin/sh (used in all tramp-methods sections as tramp-remote-sh) to ksh93 which core dumps when you try to use the usual

VAR=blah; export VAR

env settings, which tramp does towards the end of session setup. I had to redefine tramp-methods for ssh to use /bin/bash.

PK

--
Dr Philip Kime