Re: 2003-02-12 / tramp-remote-path vs. LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: 2003-02-12 / tramp-remote-path vs. LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:36:45 +0100

address@hidden writes:

>     KG> That's right.  You're the first to need it, I think.  Do you need it?
>
> Well, not me personally,

Yes, I understood the theoretical problem.  (After you mentioned it.
I hadn't thought of that before.  Thanks for that hint!)  But the
question is, is it also a problem in practice?  Are there programs
that people wish to use with Tramp that depend on that part of the
environment?

Now coming to think of it, I think it's not really a problem: people's
shell init files will set up $LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately, and Tramp
will just inherit that setting.

So, from the theoretical point of view, there is no problem :-)
But then, in theory there is no difference between theory and
practice...
--
Installation via wizzard  (Linux-Magazin, German magazine)