toad-devel

Re: [Toad-devel] Language?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: [Toad-devel] Language?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:53:28 +1000

On 02-Apr-2003, Ben Finney wrote:
> I have some rudimentary classes done in Python.  I am intending to use
> the wxPython library (an interface to wxWindows) to make a GUI
> interface that can run on *nix, Windows and Mac.

In answer to questions about Java:  Sun has disqualified Java as a
viable platform for free software development, by attaching restrictive
licensing to all revisions after Java 1.1 that prevent free software
implementations.

The Debian Java FAQ explores the issues of free software Java
implementations in some detail:

  <http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/ch2.html>

--
 \      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of |
  `\            thought which they avoid."  -- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard |