toad-devel

Re: [Toad-devel] Language?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: [Toad-devel] Language?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:43:59 +1000

On 03-Apr-2003, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> UI design is one of the most overlooked areas of SW development
> (proper testing is another one).  UI design should be started early in
> the development cycle, and should be considered a priority by the
> developers.  Seriously.

UI design is a prime concern for this project.  Choice of UI toolkit
based on "looks good" or "high performance (on some architectures)" is
not a concern at all.

Design of the UI has nothing to do with the toolkit beyond "can I
implement my good UI design with this toolkit?"

Please, let's think about UI design in terms of what it *does*, not in
terms of what API calls it will use.

--
 \      "The judge asked, 'What do you plead?' I said, 'Insanity, your |
  `\         honour. Who in their right mind would park in the passing |